2021年11月29日月曜日

Explanation of the herb tea “A hand turning a page” #haiku

Herb tea of savoring the books 本を味わうハーブティー by Andbooks
“A hand turning a page”  “めくる手つき”




This is a pack of herb tea which commodification by my friend Masayo(@Andbooks0701) who loves reading, eating and drinking. I created a haiku inspired by the tea. Finally, Masayo and I named the tea ‘A hand turning a page’ taking words from my haiku. 

You touch a petal - 
with a hand 
as if to turn a page
              Ayaka Satō 

はなびらや頁をめくる手つきもて  佐藤文香
hanabira ya pēji wo mekuru tetsuki mote


はなびら hanabira [hanabʲiɾa] 
petal 

ya [ja] 
(particle; emphasis) 

頁 (ページ) pēji [peːʤi] 
page
 
wo [o] 
(particle; for purpose)
 
めくる mekuru [mekɯɾɯ] 
turn (pages of books) 

手つき tetsuki [tetsɯkʲi] 
a hand(’s shape) 

もて mote [mote] 
(particle; like ‘by’ or ‘with’) 

                   ※bilabial sounds 

The word “Petal” in a haiku usually means cherry blossom’s petals as a seasonal word but this time I use it as various flowers in the flower field. 
I omitted “あなたは触れる(You touch)” in Japanese because I wanted to focus the hand rather than its motion. 
In addition, I’d like to express the warmth of this herb tea’s flavor by the bilabial sounds. 


This herb tea is one of the “Herb tea of savoring the books” series. And Masayo also made bookmarks for my haikus. Japanese haikus are usually written vertically in a single line. Thus, they fit the shape of bookmarks.



Andbooks(Masayo)→ instagram →Online shop

Please read next